Is the Riverton Virtual Learning Program right for me?The Riverton Virtual Learning Program is an exciting diploma completion option that fits your education around your life.Offered in partnership with the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center, aka Greenbush, the Riverton Virtual Learning Program offers a new way for students in grades 9-12 and adults to earn their high school diplomas - outside the classroom and traditional schedules, but with a full range of course options and academic support systems through the Cornerstone Learning Center in Galena.Students enrolled in the program have the opportunity to earn a fully accredited high school diploma through Riverton USD 404. The program is audited annually and approved by the Kansas State Department of Education.Typical virtual students:
Other situations include:
- Homeschool students
- Desire an alternative learning environment
- Do not perform well and struggle to succeed in a traditional school setting
What is required of Riverton VLP students?
- Accelerated learners
- Personal or family situation that requires frequent, ongoing absences
- Students continuing studies while suspended or expelled
- Adult learners who would like to return to school to earn a high school diploma
- Maintain attendance and meet progress requirements as determined by the USD 404 Virtual Program Coordinator.
- Attend progress meetings on-site as required.
- Complete all proctored exams at the Cornerstone Learning Center, Galena, KS.
- Comply with student requirements for completing all state assessments.
- Enrollment by September 15
Last Modified on August 18, 2015