KANSAS BOARD OF REGENTS SCHOLARSHIPS
- KANSAS CAREER TECHNICAL WORKFORCE GRANT
- KANSAS ETHNIC MINORITY SCHOLARSHIP
- KANSAS MILITARY SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP
- KANSAS NATIONAL GUARD EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- KANSAS NURSING SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP
- KANSAS STATE SCHOLARSHIP
- KANSAS TEACHER SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP
Click on the following link for more information -KANSAS BOARD OF REGENTS SCHOLARSHIPS
ACT College Readiness
Applications are open for the ACT Student Champion Award! The ACT Student Champion Award recognizes one student in each state who is tenacious and persistent, no matter the challenge, and is prepared for life after high school with a goal in mind and plan in place.
ACT Student Champions receive a $500 non-renewable scholarship, certificate, and state-level recognition.
Please encourage students in the graduating class of 2019 who have taken the ACT who fit the following criteria to apply:
- High school seniors who have overcome challenges and can articulate their education and/or career actions
- At a minimum students must have a composite ACT score of 22 on a single test date OR a Gold ACT® WorkKeys® National Career Readiness Certificate®
Applications can be found at www.act.org/readinesschampions
. Applications are due October 31, 2018, and champions will be notified on or before January 31, 2019.
All questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE HAGAN SCHOLARSHIP
The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship, designed to provide each recipient with the opportunity to graduate college debt-free. Recipients must graduate from a public high school located in a county in the United States having fewer than 50,000 residents. The scholarship provides up to $6,000 each semester for up to 8 consecutive semesters; 622 Hagan Scholars from 37 states currently attend 236 colleges and universities.
For more information and to access the Hagan Scholarship Application please visit HAGAN SCHOLARSHIP The application deadline is 5:00 pm CST, November 15 2019.
RUDD 2019 SCHOLARSHIP
The Rudd Scholarship is a renewable, 4-year program that covers any remaining cost of attendance after all other aid, grants, and scholarships are applied to a student’s account. Cost of attendance includes tuition and fees, books and supplies, and room and board. By removing financial barriers to a college education, chosen scholars are expected to achieve a high level of excellence on campus in preparing themselves to be leaders in their profession and in their communities after graduation. More information about the scholarship can be found online at www.ruddfoundation.org/college-scholarships.
2020 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards
Applications are now open for 2020 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards! Earn a $1000 scholarship and an all-expense-paid trip with a parent to Washington DC. Applications for 2020 awards are available at 2020 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards"Fastweb"
“Try Fastweb for free and find scholarships you qualify for. Fastweb will match you to scholarships from our database of 1.5 million, based on your personal profile. With Fastweb you’ll also find financial aid tips and advice, job and internship matching and student life news.”
Go to www.fastweb.com
AXA ACHIEVEMENT SCHOLARSHIP
The AXA Achievementsm Scholarship provides over $1.4 million in scholarships to young people throughout the nation representing all 50 states, Washington DC and Puerto Rico. Students have the opportunity to receive a $2,500, $10,000 or $25,000 scholarship. In addition, for every student who wins a scholarship, a grant in the amount of $1,000 will be made to the winner’s school.
Scholarship Experts - UNIGO
You must sign up for a website account.
Go to Unigo
THE EARLY ADMISSION/SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE FOR KU, K-STATE, OU, AND MANY OTHER UNIVERSITIES IS NOV. 1ST. If applying to WSU or College of the Ozarks...APPLY NOW!
Ron Hubbard Writers & Illustrators of the Future Scholarship
- Open to new and amateur Science Fiction and Fantasy Artists worldwide
- No entry fee
- Entrants retain all rights
- All judging by professional artists only
- $1,500 in prizes each quarter
- Quarterly winners compete for $5,000 additional annual prize
See Details at http://www.writersofthefuture.com/Contest-Rules-Illustrators
The Contest has 4 quarters beginning on Oct. 1, Jan. 1, April and July 1. The year ends on Sept. 30th and begins over.
WENDY'S HIGH SCHOOL HEISMAN-SENIORS 2020
Deadline Oct 2019
Open to any student with at least a B average and participating in at least 1 sport.
Don't delay - Apply now!!
COCA-COLA SCHOLARSHIP (4 Year Colleges)
Criteria: Well-rounded students, good grades, ACT scores, service and
volunteerism, club and organization membership and leadership. Applications
are available online only at:Deadline: October 31, 2019Hortia Alger Scholarship
- 2.0 GPA and require financial assistance
- enrolled full time as a high school student
- planning to pursue a bachelor's degree
- critical financial need ($50,000 or less gross income per family, if higher an explanation must be provided)
- involvement in co-curricular and community activities
- US citizen
Deadline: October 25, 2019
Voice of Democracy Scholarship Contest
High School Students: $30,000
Middle School Students: $5,0000
This is an essay/ then audio recording contest. Theme " Why My Vote Matters"
The Voice of Democracy Program is open to students in grades 9-12, who are enrolled in a public, private or parochial high school or home study program in the United States and its territories.
Due October 31, 2019
KU SELF ENGINEERING LEADERSHIP FELLOWS PROGRAM
Madison and Lila Self Engineering Leadership Fellows Program for engineering and computer science students.
A $24,000, 4-year financial package paired with an enrichment program.
To build talented students into talented professionals who will make a difference in business and industry.
Apply at Self Engineering Application (Due Nov. 1 2019)
2018 Elks MVS Scholarship Application
500 4-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants
2 awards 0f $50,000
2 awards of $40,000
2 awards of $30,000
14 awards of $20,000
480 awards of $4,000
You do not have to be related to an Elks member.
Must be a high school senior and a US citizen pursuing a 4-year degree on a full-time basis in a US college or university.
Due November, 2019
The Hagen Scholarship Foundation
Amount Varies up to $5,000 per semester
The purpose of the Hagan Scholarship is to provide each scholarship recipient with the opportunity to obtain a four-year college education and graduate debt-free.
The preferred recipient of a Hagan Scholarship will be a high achieving and self- motivated student with traditional employment experience who aspires to obtain a college education in order to realize his or her full potential.
- Must be a Missouri or Kansas resident
- Must have attended as a junior and senior an eligible high school
- Must have a 3.5 GPA or higher
- Must score 23 or higher on the ACT
- Must have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of less than $10,000 on the FAFSA (use the FAFSA Forecaster to see if you qualify at the following link https://fafsa.ed.gov/FAFSA/app/f4cForm?execution=e1s1
- Must authenticate an unmet financial need in excess of $2,000 up to( $5,000 per semester in funding!)
- Must be accepted for enrollment at an eligible college or university
- Must enroll in college the first semester after high school
- Must not have been convicted of a felony
Students are judged on how well they follow instructions!
Download application at www.haganscholarships.org
Mail to HSF
Yes for Liberty 2nd Annual Constitution Bee
Open to grades 9-12
Constitution Bee ! Similar to a spelling bee or geography bee.
Study the US Constitution and win big!
March 4, 2018, in Manhattan, KS
Apply by at http://www.yesforliberty.org by Dec. 31, 2019
Up to $3,500 in scholarship money.
NFIB Young Entrepreneur Foundation Scholarship
Open to any graduating high school senior that owns and operates their own small business and will enter their freshman year at an accredited 2 or 4-year university, college or vocational/technical institute during the 2017-18 school year.
Apply online at https://usascholarships.com/the-nfib-young-entrepreneur-awards-program/ Usually Due Mid-Dec.
We have had winners from Riverton before!! Go for it!
Burger King Scholars Program
$1,000, $5,000 and $25,000 scholarships are available to all eligible high school seniors
· Based on GPA
· Based on work experience
· Based on extracurricular activities and/or community service
Details and how to apply at
Application Opens Oct. 15 and ends Dec. 15
ADAM DARNABY TECHNICAL SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP Due January 31, 2020
- $500 Scholarship awarded to graduating Riverton High School student pursuing a degree in technology.
- Link to application Adam Darnaby Scholarship
TERESA KEMP RIVERTON TEACHER ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP Due January 31, 2020
2020 Masonic Lodge General/Legacy/ and Technical Scholarships
- $250 scholarship awarded to one RHS senior pursuing a teaching degree
- Link to application Teresa Kemp Scholarship
- $1,000 Renewable Scholarships for students attending 4-year colleges
- $500 Renewable Scholarships for students attending 2-year colleges
- Link to brochure and application http://kansasmasonic.foundation/program/kansas-masonic-foundation-scholarships/
The American Legion Need A Lift?
Baseball, Jr. Shooting, Boy Scout and various other scholarships available including the Samsung Scholarship for students who have attended Boy's State and Girl's State.
Visit the website below.
WalMart Foundation Scholarships
At the Walmart Foundation, we believe that a good education creates opportunities that lead to a better life. To help offset rising college tuition costs, we recently awarded more than $10million in academic scholarships to help students enroll in higher education.
The Walmart Foundation offers two scholarship programs that benefit Walmart associates and their high school senior dependents. To learn more about these programs or to apply, click on the links below.
The Walmart Associate Scholarship is a college scholarship is available to Walmart and Sam’s Club associates who are based in the U.S. Awards are based on demonstrated financial need and community involvement.
The Foundation’s Walmart Associate Scholarship is available for associates pursuing certificates, associate, bachelor, and graduate degrees through accredited institutions of higher education and for associates participating in the Lifelong Learning
Program through American Public University. The Foundation accepts applications and awards Walmart Associate Scholarships four times a year,
The Walmart Dependent Scholarship is a $13,000 scholarship paid out over four years. Applicants must be dependents of Walmart and Sam’s Club associates, have at least a 2.0 GPA and prove financial need
Kansas Career Technical Workforce Grant
The Career Technical Workforce Grant is available to students enrolled in an eligible career in technical education program operated by a designated Kansas educational institution that has been identified as offering a technical certificate or associate of the applied science degree program at a high cost, high demand, or critical industry field. Designated Kansas educational institutions include technical colleges, community colleges, and public four-year colleges that award associate of applied science degrees: and Washburn Institute of Technology. Only technical certificate and associate of applied science degree programs are included among the eligible programs. Preference in awarding goes to applicants with financial need. Priority Deadline: May 1
Eligible Programs for Career Technical Workforce Grant: http://www.kansasregents.org/resources/PDF/2998-CTeligibleprograms1415.pdf
John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Essay Contest
1st Place $10,000 (and an all-expense-paid trip to Boston & Award Ceremony at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum)
2nd Place $1,000
Up to 5 finalists $500 each
- An original and creative essay of 1,000 words or less that demonstrates an understanding of political courage as described by John F. Kennedy in Profiles in Courage
- Describe and analyze an act of political courage by a U.S. elected official who served during or after 1956. The essay may focus on an issue at the local, state, national or international level. Use at least 5 varied sources such as newspaper and journal articles, books, and personal interviews. Participants are encouraged to use primary source material such as letters, speeches, and government documents.
The Kelly Lynn Lutz Scholarship Foundation
The KLL Scholarship opportunity is a $1,000 gift, renewable for up to a total of four years ($4,000 total maximum). Scholarships are awarded annually based on the following criteria:
- The loss of a parent (biological or no) to cancer before the age of 22.
- Be a US Citizen
- Attend a 2- or 4-year (minimum) higher education establishment
- Have an interest in education, arts, environment, math, or science
- Show service involvement in the community, church, school, or other non-curricular activity
- Indicate financial need
- Submit the completed application, including personal essay and reference
$5,250 per year KU Hixson Opportunity Award
- Students must have faced personal challenges or hardships
- Students must be residents of Kansas
- Students must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA. Complete by March 1.
- Students whose parent(s) did not earn a 4-year college degree will receive priority consideration
- Students must complete the University of Kansas Admission Application http://admissions.ku.edu/ by Feb. 1
- Students must complete the FAFSA by March 1st www.fafsa.gov
- Application is online and due by February 1st http://affordability.ku.edu/cs/hixson.shtml
(Must include an essay describing your potential to succeed and any personal challenges you faced that may hinder achieving these)Shelter Insurance Foundation Scholarship
· $2,000 to a Riverton High School Senior
· Must be attending a 2-year or 4-year college in the Fall
· Must be on track for graduation
· Attached application due to Mr. Hunt by March 6, 2020
· Include transcript and Personal ProfileShelter Insurance Scholarship Application (Download, type, and print)
REMINDER – EARLY ADMISSION/SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE FOR PSU, MSSU, AND MANY OTHER UNIVERSITIES IS February 1st!
February ScholarshipsElks National Foundation 2018 Legacy Awards$4,000 Scholarships
Are you the child or grandchild (or step-child, step-grandchild, or legal ward) of a living Elk who joined the order on or before April 1, 2015, or a charter member of a Lodge that was instituted on or after April 1, 2015? Your Elk sponsor must also be a paid-up member through March 31, 2018. Great-grandchildren are not eligible. If your parents and grandparent are both Elk members, you should apply through the parent's Elk Lodge.
Are you a high school senior?Are you planning to attend an accredited U.S. school college or university?Do you plan to take the SAT or ACT by December 31st 2018?Elks National Foundation 2020 Legacy Awards
University of Missouri - Robert J. Trulaske College of Business
Apply to School by Dec. 1st, Scholarship deadline Feb. 1
Ponder Minority Scholarship, Robert J. Tulaske Sr. Scholarship in Business, Sam M. Walton Scholarship in Retail
NEO Principal / Counselor Scholarship
This scholarship will go to a Riverton Student
The student must attend NEO
$600 Per Year
Due to Mr. Hunt by March 2, 2020
Click here for the application NEO Principal Scholarship
USD 404 Education Foundation Scholarship Due March 6, 2020
Scholarships awarded from this foundation will go to Riverton USD 404 Students
Students may be attending a 2 or 4-year college or a vocational school.
Students may be majoring in any field.
You will be interviewing for multiple scholarships.
* Sara Ann Gilstrap = $500 (1 Student) – USD #404 App
* Mary Ann Talbot -$500 (4 Students) – USD #404 App
* Fred Richards = $500 (2 Students)- USD #404 App
* Doris Osborn = $250 (1 Female) – USD #404 App
* David Osborn = $250 (1 Male) – USD #404 App
* James Osborn = $300 (1 Student) – USD #404 App
* Roger Bezinque = $500 (1 Student) – USD #404 App
* Pauline Hunneycutt = $500 (1 Student) – USD #404 App
* Dr. Melissa Ann Gaines & Dustin Roy Gaines of the GainEstate Company Scholarship $500 (1)
–USD 404 App
*Melvin and Connie Richey Memorial Scholarship – Designated for Technical Education
Student $400 (1) –USD#404 App
* Shelter Insurance = $2000 (1 Student) – Shelter Insurance App
Davidson Fellows Scholarships $50,000, $25,000, $10,000 Due February 13,2020
Applications can be found by going to:
DUE FEBRUARY 15- American Legion Scholarships
Click on the following for more information American Legion Scholarship