Concurrent Enrollment Courses
Riverton High School and Labette Community College staff members have articulated their curriculum content in specific Science and math classes. Students who meet pre-defined levels of competency may enroll in these class for college credit.
High School courses available for college credit:
- Advanced Math – Consists of College Algebra (3 credits -Sem 1) & Trigonometry (3 credits - Sem 2) = 6 total credits
- Calculus- Students may earn 5 college credits
- Fundamentals of Speech (Sem. 1) 3 college credits & Computer Concepts and Applications (Sem. 2) 3 college credits
- English IV - English Comp I (Sem. 1) and Gen Lit (Sem. 2) - 6 college credits (3 each semester)
- Psychology -General Psychology (Sem. 1) and Developmental Psychology (Sem.2) -6 college credits (3 each semester)
RHS junior and senior students are eligible to enroll in college course under the following guidelines:
- Students must be at the junior or senior credit status as designated by the school district.
- Students must have the permission of his/her high school principal to enroll in a class for college credit.
- Students must enroll as a part-time student at Labette Community College. (Enrollment can be done at RHS)
- Students must accept responsibility for the cost of tuition, book fees, etc., charged by the college.
- Students must take and score in the acceptable range on the ASSEST admissions test to be eligible for enrollment. (The test is given at RHS at no cost or obligation to the student)
What Are the Costs of Concurrent Courses?
LCC Tuition for 2016-17
$90 per credit hour =$270 for a 3- hour course (includes lab fees and student fees)
Students with an accumulative GPA of 3.0 or above receive a Jump-Start scholarship rate of $48 per credit hour. A 3- hour course would cost these student $148.00
Compare the Cost: MSSU - $345 per credit hour
PSU - $230 per credit hour
What are the Benefits of Concurrent Courses?
Concurrent courses allow RHS students to graduate from high school with credits that transfer to colleges and universities and count towards the students graduation requirements. It is highly recommended that students review their intended college major to determine if the concurrent credit will be of benefit to them.
Qualifying Compass Scores or Qualifying ACT Score Required:
All courses 17
Adv. Math 20
Calculus - completion of College Algebra
All courses - 69
Adv. Math 81
All students must request their college transcript from Labette Community College. Go to the Labette Community College Website at LCC Transcript Requests